After spending the past 2 months rotating the same 7 flowy dresses with elastic waistbands topped with bulky cardigans, do you know how amazing it feels to wear something else and not be worried that someone will notice my bump??? The answer is…. really amazing!
So overwhelmed by all of the well wishes today! And don’t be alarmed - the belly is only approximately 25% baby… the other 75% is me giving in to my daily fried chicken cravings.
We’re taking the next big leap… into parenthood! Baby Marks is arriving in January!
… people who constantly send around articles from the trades.
WHO ARE YOU THAT YOU HAVE TIME TO READ THE TRADES EVERY DAY?!?!? WHY DO YOU NOT HAVE MORE WORK TO DO!?!?! I haven’t had the time to visit AdAge.com in like 7 years.
Edit: Not interns or entry level…. SVPs.
Tonight we have to say goodbye to Connie. We visited her at the animal hospital yesterday and she melted into my arms and stayed snuggled like this for such a long time. I’m going to miss this pup like crazy.
Morning Thought: Ok, supposedly there will be thunderstorms tonight. I’m sure I don’t need to pack weather-appropriate shoes though. The rain probably won’t be that bad…. if it even rains at all.
Current Thought: I’m never leaving my office out of fear of ruining new leather shoes that have yet to be water-proofed.
"I try to stay away from other people. I don’t like to have to be keeping up pretenses all the time— it’s exhausting. Being a loner forces me to be two-faced sometimes, though. I’m always having to make up little stories to get out of social situations. But I’d much rather be alone, watching films. I enjoy watching actors. They’re always pretending, just like me."
My husband, in 40 years.
Our sweet pup is on her final days, and it’s breaking my heart.
We brought Connie home with us about a year and a half ago. She was my in-laws’ dog and after they both passed away, Sean and I took her in. She came to us as an old gal (10 years old at the time) with chronic kidney problems, but the energy of a dog half her age and so much love to give. She & I quickly became best girlfriends, as I’ve told her every day.
A few days ago, she seemed a little off. She wasn’t eating or drinking (and she LOVES food), she was vomiting and she looked… tired. Because of her history of kidney problems, we took her to the animal hospital emergency room on Saturday night just to be safe and learned that it was bad news… her kidneys have gone into failure. Both the animal hospital and our vet have tried some dialysis-like treatments on her but nothing is working and her conditions and kidney function levels are getting worse by the day.
Today we had to make the tough decision to put her to sleep on Thursday. Our vet has told us that there’s nothing else that can be done, and she has maybe 72 hours left.
I came home early today to give Connie extra hugs and she snuggled right up next to me and fell asleep. She’s been such a good companion and has taught me how amazing having a dog is. I never really ‘got it’ until we had her. She’s a really special pup and our apartment and family are going to feel so different without her here.
So before Thursday afternoon, I’m going to spend as much time as I can cuddled up on the couch with her, telling her how pretty she is and reminding her that she’s my best girlfriend.
Do you actually need to use a broker? I’m not really feeling much value from them so far. I feel like we’re finding more apartments on our own than they’re finding for us.
Or maybe we’re just using the wrong brokers? If you have recos for awesome Queens or Brooklyn brokers that you trust, I’d love to hear them! I’d also love to hear that we don’t need to pay someone commission.
Super delayed posting because life has been slightly bananas, but it’s always an awesome day when you get a new Influenster box!
Check out this video to see why Always is taking a stand and rewriting the rules of what it means to do things #LikeAGirl. Join the movement & share what amazing things you do #LikeAGirl! (#PGclient)
Last night, I went to the Public Theater’s annual gala at the Delacorte Theater in Central Park. The whole night was a celebration of Marvin Hamlisch and A Chorus Line and featured performances by Jane Lynch, Zachary Quinto, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Billy Porter and tons of others. They also brought out the original cast of A Chorus Line from the 70s to close out the show with “One.” It was pretty amazing!
And as I was leaving, my coworker nudged me and pointed out that I was standing next to Crazy Eyes! I tell ya, they must really have to do some work on her to make her look nuts in OITNB because she is GORGEOUS.
As I was looking at pics from the event this morning, I saw that Courtney Love was also there and I am beyond bummed that I didn’t see her. That would have been pretty major.